Gluten Free Cakes & Bakes

Gluten Free Cakes & Bakes
A selection from our range

Friday 19 August 2011

A new venture!

Very exciting times. I am about to launch a gluten free baking business. I already bake non-gluten free cakes and biscuits for a local teashop/cafe and for friends and family. I also had a wonderful baking weekend for my granddaughter's first birthday. My day job lacks creativity and baking taps into that side of me. There is something so delightful about a couple of hours work leading to a kitchen full of baked goodies that people love to eat and are even prepared to pay me for.
I have stopped denying that I'm good at baking and am even tempted to put my name forward for next year's Great British Bake Off; that may wear off once I see what else they have to bake over the coming weeks.
So why gluten free baking? I have a close friend who was diagnosed with coeliac disease a few years ago. The diagnosis has been so helpful to her in finding out why she has been so ill. The downside is the lack of availability of gluten free foods. I know supermarkets are beginning to stock a bigger range but there is still a gap in the market for delicious home baked goodies. Too often gluten free foods seem to be a poor substitute for the real thing and something to be tolerated rather than enjoyed.
I know there are some good companies out there supplying GF versions of cupcakes, muffins etc and I am not claiming to be providing a unique product but from the market research I have done I am sure there is an opening for a new venture.
So here goes, Glorious Gluten Free Foods is just about up and running. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment